Friday, March 13, 2009

SIDE EFFECTS

of this ECONOMIC recession are severe and far reaching I suppose. Take my case for instance --- both the Parentals work and make good money ... of course one works as a consultant in the IT industry so thats kinda shakey the other is a "GOVERNMENT" employee so yeah ... things are OK with them. Me being a recent graduate looking for work things are WORSHT case for me ... NO ONE IS HIRING. in fact more and more people are being asked to leave or even reduce their hours. OF course the local burger joint might take pity and hire me BUT i am not sure thats what i would perfer to do at this particular junction in my LIFE... So i am totally stressing... with my UG student loans looming over my head ... the payments have started -- the one thing i am thankful for is that my Masters was fully funded ... i cannot imagine the plight of others out there adding to their LOAN amount!!! Coming back to the current situation --- so i sit at home applying to work, watching movies and TV , brushing up on some of my study materials, taking 2 hour naps , 3 hour coffee breaks with my other vetti friends --- but ALL in all from an outsiders point of view I look like I am ENSOIING my life to its potential ... ( PLEASE INSERT old lady voice saying "yaaru kannu patudhoo envaoo ... ) Things took a drastic turn ..... Some how in amma's head things have sort of rearranged so that she has started to feel that her 25 year old , unemployed child should utilize her VETTI time to GET MARRIED !!!! YES YES you heard me right GET MARRIED !!! Since she knows that her vetti child tho vetti in every way may find her partner on her own and maybe "settle down" OR she is confident she can always find "prince charming" for her ONE and ONLY ponnu!!!
 I am already down in the pits with this JOBLESSNESS scenario ... piled on to that THE pressure to NOT be VETTI and be a married and make babies ...and the icing on the cake is that i have to take the whole arranged marriage way ... not sure if that was ever in the plans..

The end result -- Sleepless nights tossing and turning and spending days MOPPING around the house ... But fear not my silly heart there is light at the end of the tunnel what you ask ??? A WEEK away in paradise -- sandy beaches , Sunshine , my best friends... I am getting away from all these mundane details of Life ... thanks again to Amma (gracious sponsor of my trip)!!!
How contradicting and convoluted is life !!!!

4 comments:

Travis Bickle said...

There are so many definitions of love,i know you must be tired of hearing it,but one of my favourite is quoted by sujatha(writer(i hope you know about him)theres only two kind of love in this world,love which can wait n love which can not,thats it.

Unknown said...

hahahaha I Know Sujatha very well ... Good definition ... I happen to agree .... My situation makes mine the second kind :(

Travis Bickle said...

I dont know what to say,i am also facing a similar kinda situation,but can you erase the sweet moments n memories forever from the time chain,i guess those moments will float forever and no can take it from there,we actually live in these tiny moments though we know that it will end soon,we can rationalize ourselves with whatever reasons but you cannot change past n someday we may wish to find a key to unlock the past n relive those moments

Unknown said...

I have to agree with you ... I feel like someone has ripped my heart apart and I don't know what to do about it ...i don't even want to relive the past ... i fear it will kill what little life is left in me.