Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine's day ....


                                              7<span class=fck_valentines_day.gif">

If you are here expecting to read a OH so MUSHY/ senti/emo post you are going to disappointed ... This is more of an ANTI- Valentine's day post of sorts ... and please dont assume that I am some kinda Shiva Sena rep ...hmmm ... you never Know I might be ... cos I have the ability to  camouflage well ... I mean can do many of their under cover operations ... for example ... I could be in a BAR in madras ... getting drunk at mid- day... not that I have done it there .... but I have ... well I digress ... anyways BACK to V day celebrations ... whats my beef with out ...  just the over-hype and commercialization of the whole damn thing ... i mean a dozen roses on any other day ( the chinese florist near my house) sells for $9.99 but the two days before the 14th of FEB and on the day itself it can go up to 29.99 to 59.99 is it even worthwhile ... I say NOT ... in the first place as a person I would rather get a PLANT ... than a few roses that wilt away ... Next come the box of chocolates ... Not a mere 3 days later i have bought box after box of chocolate for only 2 bucks ... do i even need to mention the price before ... i guess not ... I think more than any of this ... i have a basic dislike of this HERD mentality going on .... or the lack of Questioning THE status QUO ... or rather the lack of Sincerity and between if i was in India esp. in a city where... There were Valentine's day protest ... heres what i would DO ... I would GO all out an CELEBRATE in the loudest of manners ... cos there the story is completely different .... cos i believe in general questioning the NORM is necessary.... here the norm is to ... go over board and buy gifts extra ... cos if you don't do that then what will your loved ONE think of you ... what shame ... what a cheap lil thing you are ... if you don't then it gives them arsenal to break up with you !!! The QUESTION IS ... do you really want to be with someone that has SUCH little brains is a question you need to ask yourself ... SO YEAH YEAH ... all the ones that have a comeback to such complains ... with Oh this is the one day to celebrate OUR love ... please don't cos its stupidity to the N th power ... there are  360 other days (4-5 days vacation from love !!!) that you can celebrate "YOUR LOVE" ... in fact I suggest you do that ... surprise a loved one with flowers/ or gifts or whatever JUST because YOU love them and not because its a requirement ... love needs to be more spontaneous and free - flowing than what it has become TODAY -- a fashion statement or even an accessory or the worst a CHORE !!! Any day is a good day to tell someone "I love you" or hug them so hard that your souls connect ... or even Kiss them and take their breath away!!!



                                             90<span class=valentinechocolate.jpg">

SO why this RANT ?? -- I am sick of walking into anywhere and everywhere and see hearts and PINK EVERYWHERE ... this started almost a month back .... even my PORKCHOP is cut out into a shape of a heart ... My toothpaste is PINK ...I cannot find affordable under wear either ... cos the cheap ones have been hidden away till this whole circus is over .... and worst of all .... I had to pay 3 times more for a box of chocolates and a teddy bear that I bought for my cousin on his birthday ... WHYY .. cos Its Valentine's day SPECIAL... MANANGATTI !!!! and for those that usual tell me i am bitter cos "my person" is far away ... HMM nah its not that ... during my single days or even when my person was close enough the whole thing pissed me off .... still ... PISSES me off ... not becos I think it culturally diminishes things BUT commercializes relationships in this day and age of globalized living everything is UP for sale !!!! 


                                           94<span class=antivalentinesday.gif">

The sucky part is ... even  ANTI-establishment is on SALE ... THERE Is no true anti-establishment i suppose ... but this shouldn't stop what true sincerity is left...

For those curious souls that are wondering what I am doing this year ... I will be with the One MAN that truly loves me ... hehehehe ... yes my appa and I will be driving down to NJ ... nothing like a 8 hour roadtrip ... music, Junk FOOD , the open road and two crazy people driving ... totally looking forward !!!


                                                90<span class=slapcupid.jpg">
 

4 comments:

சரவண வடிவேல்.வே said...

s...இந்த V-Day எல்லாம் Business'க்காக உருவாக்காப்பட்ட ஒரு திருவிழா என்று சொல்லலாம்..

Unknown said...

Yes Agree with you ....

Travis Bickle said...

I hate all these kinda days except Holiday(Jokeu@mokkai)

Valentines dayku mattum partnera nalla gavanikanumna,apram micham 364 days enna panrathu.I dono whats the connection between love n fancy gifts(esply i kinda say wtf when someone buys teddy bear,instead i would recommend him to buy some protection)
.So they r telling that you can buy love with gifts,i consider valentines day as Fool's Day 1

Unknown said...

@Bickle .. yeah have to agree with you !!!
also Thanks for appreciating my Mokkai JOKEUU ... hahahahaha