
After a lot of people asking us to watch this movie (since we are the daughter and dad combo ) that we are ... and all the build up after Mozhi ... I even went and borrowed azagheeya theeye .... and watched it ... by the way I really liked that movie too ... was really looking forward to watching Abhiyum Naanum and to be honest was not disappointed ... of course brought around age old concerns of mine once again to the surface.
Before I continue i think the movie was pretty decent ... My fav was Kumaravel as Ravi Shastri , of course Prakash raj did a good job ... Trisha well she did have an good oppurtunity to act but of course didnt use it to her advantage!!! Aishwariya as amma was also good....
The scene where the lil baby girl was placed in Prakash raj's hands brought about these words ...
"yenakkum ippadi than irrunthuchu .... I couldn't believe this was my baby ... rose color la iruntha... oru delicate feather madhiri iruntha"
But 2 mins later .... " ippo parru .... seriyanna Kandamirugam (aka RHINOCEROUS) !!!
Back to the main element ....
The story is basically about a daddy ( not the same daddy from Varanam Aayiram) ... this was more of the Appa type .... who doesn't have the courage to realize that daughters inevitable grow up and can not stay 5 forever ... i see this is challenge for most appas .. including mine ... but in the end he does come to terms with it cos ... its inevitable is it not ... to have the child leave ... and move on to live his or her life ... Of course no matter what .... ones parents will always be part of ones life ... but once you leave home things are never the same ... its the same when you leave behind friends from school ... who you have known for 14 years ... cannot imagine not seeing them every day for the rest of your life ... though you know and they know that there is immense love between yourselves ... on a day to day basis its still not the same ... emails, phone calls and the visit all help but will never be able to have what you once had ... This Fear i have always had and will continue to have ... I have had to leave behind 17 years worth of friends behind, thathas pattis ,athais, mamas, cousins and so many more that now at 25 just the thought of getting married and leaving my parents seems like a nightmare waiting to go wrong ...not that I am getting married any time soon ... but never the less it seems like an inevitable occurance ... The ONE and only person that reassures me that I could stay forever at home and not be bothered by such nuisances is .... well if you have guessed ... yeah is my Appa ... but the problem is that with equal gusto is amma talking about the rite time and so on and so forth ... but the thought of leaving appa and amma and going is just unfathomable ... i have been repeatedly told that its part of life etc etc ... but really really ... I am positive about one thing ... the day I leave home is going to be one big Drama day ... I am sure appa and amma will be OK ... I will be the center of all the drama ... i am thinking flood gates will be unleashed ... These are the thoughts that the movie brought up for me ... not that they weren't already there ... i had kept them locked away but yeah ....
PS: Me thinks ... Me going to stick to my original plan of running away to Costa Rica and hiding in the forest along the seashore for 6 months and spend the other 6 with the parentals ... what say you ?
2 comments:
I too watched it only yesterday and yeah it's a decent one. Except for Prakash & the Ravi character, others were so-so. But these two make up for all others.
DT : yeah Totally agree !!!
Post a Comment