I have been living thru a massive winter freeze here and this is pretty much the story for must Mid-western regions in the States and here at home ... Alberta was like -37 and with a windchill of - 42 ... go figure and its only the middle of January ... so anyways ... I had a old friend of mine ask me today whether I get mad/pissed at people that don't believe in Global Warming ...
OK OK ... so if you havent made the tranisition from extreme whether conditions to Global Warming ... heres a Laymans version ... With changing global temperatures ... the Earth and its weather systems .. kinda get screwed up ... one such example is the occurance of El Nino every 10 years to it occuring maybe every year ... fish stock decreasing cos of changing currents ... melting icecaps .. decreasing Polar bear habitat ... all the way to extreme or rather unusual temperatures ... like in general the average temperature for Toronto for this time of the year (High) is around -2 whereas the last week has been in the range of - 22 to - 30 .....
So as a person with background in environmental studies (sicence and policy...) i have had the oppurtunity to see hardcore scientific studies to backup such claims ... not now but about 10 years back ... when global warming and the whole environmental movement wasn't reallly really HIP !!! But after Al Gore and his "inconvinent truth" it has been able to reach the "common" men and women ... (for a lack of a better description) of course having Leonardo Dicaprio, Julia Roberts , George Clooney supporting it hasn't hurt the cause either ... SO where I am going ... The point is... It has become fasionable to be Environment Friendly and Thats AWESOME ... so when someone asks me if I am offened ... if people are ignorant .... I say NO ... cos I don't think theres a lot of people out there that are ignorant they might not know the intricate details of how Global warming occurs and thats FINE .... but they do kno that separting their Grabage or not using Plastic bags for shopping , or installing solar powered cookers , lights or fans (from a fellow blogee) is helping ... and thats all one really needs to know ...
WHAT sucks BIG time though and REALLLY pisses me off ... is when BIG CORPORATIONS ..know and dont bother to do shit about it .... one such PRIME example is Exxonmobil I am not going to get into the details ... but IT IS appaling that 18 years after the Spill that there is STILL OIL in ALL THE beaches in and around the spill area, that the Herring Population never recovered and a 5 BILLION DOLLAR settlement 18 years ago has now been reduced to 507 million dollars which was awarded only LAST year !!!! NOW THIS MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL .....
2 comments:
Global Warming.... Idhu Movie name ah???
ADA PAVI!!!!!
Post a Comment