Thursday, February 26, 2009

FLU BACK from NJ.

Being sick sucks big time especially if you cannot do the lazy /fun things ... like you're sick enough to be exempt from cooking/cleaning and even looking for work ... but that doesnt mean you can stay up until 12 watching TV or even be on ur lappy ... not that there are people around you preventing you but u are physically unable to do it ... 

Before i got to this said state I had an awesome 9 day trip to Iselin, New Jersey .... to visit P athai and her three lil' ones and ofcourse S mama... it was actually a very very relaxed trip ...usually we do all our yearly shopping there and the NYC trips ... but this time since amma was working from home everything was kinda slower ... the way i like my vacation ... we did end up doing a bit of Jewellry shopping , clothes and stuff for appa ... 

Me and Appa drove there its about 8 and a half hour drive ... we usually take about 9 and half to 10 hours dependiing on weather conditions and how many places we stop at...appa usually does most of the driving but this time i did about 50% ... as usual I get so much slack for being me ... i mean I am 100% assured that appa still thinks i am 5 ... just an example ... so i usually pump gas and he would go in to pay ... this one time the total was for about 11 dollars and change ... so after i finished i parked the car and went into to get some lunch ... appa was already in there ... as soon as he looked at me he asked 
Appa: Evalovikku potta ???
Me: oh for about 11 and change ...
Appa: ENNA??? ( please imagine this tone -- he sounded as if i had put gas for 1 dollar and the store guy had charged him for 20 dollars )
Me(shocked): why why whats wrong ...
Appa: ennatha whats wrong ... tell me the exact change .. it was 11.34 thaane ... 
Me: LIKE REALLY .... ur interrogating me for 34 cents ... 
APPA goes into this "your so irresponsible...." mode ... so i shut up and get me a sub and a coffee .. 
another situation .... I am driving ... he is dozing off ... so I take this opportunity to gain some time ... i am averaging at about 75 mph ... where the speed limit is 65mph ... and on the occasionally stretch I do 80 or 85 ... so at a point i am closer to 87 when i see a cop car ... so I panic cos if he caught me 20 miles over the speed limit i would most definitely get a ticket ... so i make sure i get into the passing lane (i can always claim i was passing someone) and also at the same time reduced my speed ... it was a windy day and the sudden change in speed and etc .. i was on the shoulder for 2 secs... being on the shoulder as most people would know makes this nasty screechy noise ... which woke him up ... but by that time i was back into the road ... and back with in the speed limit ... BUT the words i heard after that and the look my my i should have taken a pic ... obviously ... the first thing he did was to tell amma I was doing 85 ... *SIGH*

Anyways...I ended up spending a lot of the time with taking care of my cousins which was super fun ...I mean the entire family except for S mama are HUGE dr.Vijay fans ... so the whole time I was there was made to watch like a 5/6 years worth of Vijay's Masala movies ... i was brain dead but the kids kept the fun going ... I mean Truly If you want to torture someone please make them watch his movies non-stop for a week ,... the person will listen to whatever you have to say ... 
Appa for the longest time has wanted to go visit ground zero ... but every year I kinda avoid it cos ... i really don't feel like i want to relive those feelings all over again ...but the last time I was there I had to meet some friends and had to take the PATH to the WTC  stop in order to meet them ... so the initially apprehension was no longer present and it was Time I suppose to ... so Myself, appa and S -my oldest cousin ... decided to make the trip --- was pleasant ... i refused to step into the fire-station that is now a museum of sorts .... S was super excited to be the City !!! So was glad to have brought her along ... the weather was ok for us POLAR BEARS from the north but was cold for the locals ... so taking everyone out was kinda not possible esp. with the lil one down with a viral fever ... I think thats where i got my infection from ... she was good all week ... athai made sure she slept in their room with her ... and as always M and I shared M's bed ... but the last night the lil one couldn't take it anymore ... when she figured out I was leaving the next day ... she crawled into our bed .... and was awfully excited ... for small victories ...
All together I so didnt want to leave when I did ... would have loved to stay atleast for another few weeks ... hopefully I can go back there soon :) 

1 comment:

சரவண வடிவேல்.வே said...

இந்த அப்பாக்களே இப்படி தான் பாஸ்.......