Got me thinking ... my message would read ... "why the heck is everyone wanting me to get married?"
I mean why would I possibly want to be married and what would I do being married ... but none the less everyone thats anyone keeps telling me to get married either subtly or staright up ... the only one who doesn't is my dearest appa ... and I was much happy up until yesterday ... but before i get into that lemme give a brief description of how bad my situation is getting ...
on x-mas eve A athai was describing in detail a dream she had about me (yeah who else ? by the way why are u dreaming about me when you have so many other people to dream about ?) .. so the dream was about how we were all in the mall and i was pushing a stroller and my oh my there was a tiny lil tot inside the stroller and if u have guessed the rest of the dream yeah the kid was mine ... SUBTLE i must say ...
The next was during Newyear's Eve .. .. G athai was asking everyone about their newyears resolutions and when it came to me ONCE AGAIN A athai jumped in and said that ... this year I would or rather should get married .... WHY god why ???
AND the third incedent was on the same day when once again G athai started off with where I was going to get married India or Toronto and this time before A athai could jump in I said everywhere it would be cheaper ....
G: hahaha unga Mama madhirinu sollu
(cos hers was a Love marriage so they got married in Thiruthani with 4 of their friends and then a register marriage)
A: aama un rendu mama madhirithan (she also lovevified so hers is also same story) ....
G (to appa): enna anna papa ippadi solluthu ... oru ponnu vachuirrukinga ....
Appa: Athukhaga 25 varsham vallathu soru potachu .. kalyanam and all ava kasula pannikunam ...
A: ammanga anna your correct , summa irru G nee ... aana onnu ava sathiyam indiala than poi kalaynam pannipa ...
(OK... OK .... A athai knows about SM .... i was threatened by amma to tell her ... cos she is like my 2nd amma and my amma said if she found out in the last min. her feelings will be hurt .... intha oru vishyatha vachukitta she is constantly saying things in public ... in fact dropping hints and its killing me !!! )
Anyways the entire conversation ended the usual way ... appa coming to my rescue and saying that He wil not marry me off to anyone and thats always being a good way to end this topic cos people by now know what he is going to say so dont bother asking him .... BUT THE STRANGEST THING happened yesterday ...
We got a phone call from D ( appa's BESTEST friends youngest son --- who lives in the States )
(Aside : Appa's bestest friend P uncle and his wife R aunty ... passed away in one tragic min. about 10 years ago ... car accident ... It was the first time I had seen appa weep like that ...P uncle left behind 3 young sons ... 2 now married with kids ... and one working here in the states i.e D ...)
So after the phone call ... which in on of itself deserves a post .... well ... i shall not digress ... appa hangs up and comes up with this ...
Appa: there are only 2 people in the whole world who I would marry you off too...
Me thinking (iyyooo not again) : appa really doesnt matter ... finish eatting...
Appa: ila ila solluradha kellu ...
M (sollu tholainga ): hmm sollunga pa ...
Appa: If either D or S ask me I will say yes ...
Me: ask you what ???
Appa: onna kalyanam pannika ...
Me : ada kadavule.... i think u have been hanging out with G athai a lot ... stop talking to her ...
Appa: Seri seri ... naan onnum sollala ...
This marriage business is rubbing on to appa too ... but one thing is for sure ... thus far Appa has never ever asked anything of me and I am 99.99% sure that he will support my each and every decision BUT if for some Crazy or convoluted reason ... he were to ask me this one thing I might end up saying yes ... But i am So sure he won't ... in addition to this the only way he would do it is if S or D asked him and I most definitely know that both D and S won't ever ask him .....
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment