Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Mother of all remixes ... or is it father ???

Remixes are a big deal now in the Tamil Movie industry ... it has become a trend i suppose ... all new movies or atleast a lot of them do have one or in some cases 2 songs (i.e. Silambattam) that are some way or the other a remix of an older song ... maybe in terms of using the original with a different tempo with rap in the middle or using the original track with new lyrics etc etc.... I think this is affecting a lot of people in different ways .... this has had a PROFOUND thakkam on MY Thagappan ... so today after dropping amma off at the airport we were driving off ... when I heard the following 2 lines ...

Line 1 : VAA VAA ANBAE ANBAE ....
Line 2 : Vaarayoo ... Velmuruga ..... 

I was not sure ... what this was?? one was definitely a love song and the next was definitely a BHAKTI padal ... both together ... what was going on ??? 

I asked : appa whats this ??? 
Appa : he he he ... remixuuuuuuu ....

PS: Ada Kadavuleeeeeeee....
PPS: ena Koduma SAAR idhu .....

3 comments:

ஸ்ரீனிவாசன் said...

he he he he....

but few remixes are really good...

like:

1) thottal poo malarum
2) vachukava from silambattam

Nadodi Mannan said...

what ur golt or tamil? y the remixuuuu? :)

sometimes i wish rahman or someone can redirect old ilayaraja songs to suit younger audiences.. the older instruments and recordings simply decimated the quality of the songs.

Unknown said...

@chokka I am 101% tamil only ..... the remixuuu was for effect nothing else ...

@ srini ... me likes lots of remixes ... other than the two u have mentioned ....