
Ok so i know a whole bunch of people complain about India not winning enough golds or medals in the Olympics! And then we had Abhinav win a gold and everyone was overjoyed and money was given to him etc etc.... What I don't get is the prolonged involvement in Sports Appreciation ... I mean yeah there are other sports that people are involved in other than cricket.... So i don't want to change this post into a RANT cos this is not one... I am in love with anything and everything TENNIS -- i started out by wanting to be married to Boris Becker, then to Micheal Chang , then Goran Ivanesivic and off late Rafa Nadal Is my sweet heart !!! So being the Tennis lover and the totally in love with India NRI that I am ( we are easily identified--- we are all unnaturally proud of anything India accomplishes, though we live outside our hearts are what is officially known as "back home" and in the rare case -- our hearts have been stolen by people that continue to live there)... so when i happened to tune into the 11th day of the US Open today I was elated to see Leander Paes play in the mixed double finals and when they did win --- i was spinning in mid air to see the Indian flag displayed behind the winners and everyone else during the awards ceremony!!! YES PEOPLE I REALIZE IT ISN'T A GOLD BUT ITS THE FREAKING US OPEN CUP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please cheer on !!!!
Thanks to Times of India for the photo
No comments:
Post a Comment